Based in Seeduwa (10 min. away from Colombo International Airport), SR Rent A Car is an independent car rental company in Sri Lanka since 2004. We offer luxurious customer service for you at the most affordable rental car rates. We offer you a personal and professional experience whilst keeping in mind that your satisfaction is our key to success. You can collect and return our vehicles to any of our rental locations, Bandaranaike International Airport or at our office in Seeduwa at no extra charge. We provide you with the opportunity to choose your specific vehicle category from our vehicle fleet. You can also contact our helpful staff members 24/7 to clarify any information.
Why Choose SR Rent A Car?
FAQs From SR Rent A Car
Will my hire car be COVID safe?
- We’ve introduced new cleaning measures with strict cleaning guidelines. Before each rental, vehicles go through a rigorous cleaning process. In addition to regular cleaning, disinfectant is used to clean all frequently touched surfaces of the vehicle.
What do I need to rent a car?
- You must have the following documents with you in order to rent a car.
- A valid passport.
- A valid international driving licence.
- A valid temporary local (Sri Lankan) driving licence.
- Valid working credit card.
What type of driver's license do I need to drive in Sri Lanka?
- You’ll need a valid International Driving Permit issued by a competent government institution that conforms to the format specified by the Geneva Convention on Road Traffic 1949.
- You’ll also need to obtain a Temporary Sri Lanka Driving Permit (TDL).
- Now it is COMPULSORY to obtain a TDL for every foreigner to drive a vehicle in Sri Lanka.
How can I obtain a temporary driving license (TDL) in Sri Lanka?
- You’ll have two options.
- You can obtain it yourself when you are in Sri Lanka. (It can not be done online & your only option will be by visiting the Sri Lanka Motor Trafic Department)
- We can obtain it on behalf of you. You just need to mention that you need a TDL when you request a quote.
Can elderly people also rent cars?
- Yes. No age restrictions are in place. Anybody with a valid driver’s license can rent a vehicle.
Will there be a problem if the person who made the reservation is different from the one who will drive the car?
- No. Persons who will not drive the car can also make the reservation
Can I rent a car without a reservation?
- Yes, as long as a vehicle is available in the station; however, we recommend making a reservation because no vehicle may be available during busy periods.
Can I make changes to my reservation?
- Yes. The reservation number issued when you made the reservation and the email address you registered at the time of reservation are required to make changes to your reservation.
Can I cancel my reservation?
- Yes, reservations can be cancelled. Please contact us as soon as possible if you wish to cancel your reservation. The reservation number issued when you made the reservation and the email address you registered at the time of reservation are required to cancel your reservation.
Do I have to pay a cancellation fee if I cancel my reservation?
A reservation cancellation fee pre-determined by the company may apply if you cancel your reservation.
No fee shall apply if the cancellation is made at least seven days prior to the date of pick-up.
Cancellations made less than six days prior to the date of pick-up will be subjected to a cancellation charge.
Can I request an AT (automatic) or MT (manual) vehicle?
- Yes. The transmission type can be selected. But it would depend on the availability on your reservation day.
Can I get a non-smoking car?
- Yes. All SR Rent A Car vehicles are non-smoking.
What happens if I arrive late when picking up the car?
- Please make sure to contact us if you are going to arrive later than the specified pick-up time. Failure to do so will cause the reservation to be cancelled an hour after the scheduled pick-up time. The vehicle may also not be available anymore at the time of pick-up.
During Rental Period
What should I do if I damage the car?
- In the event that the customer causes an accident or defacement to the vehicle during the rental period, the user shall be required to pay the non-operation charge (NOC) as partial compensation for the loss of earnings incurred for repairs or cleaning, regardless of the degree of damage or the length of time required for repairs/cleaning.
What should I do in case of an accident or theft while renting a car?
- Please follow the procedure below if you get involved in an accident:
- Move the vehicle to a safe location to prevent further accidents.
- Assist all injured parties.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Get the details of the other party.
- Contact the Global Customer Desk*.
- Do not negotiate a private settlement on the spot. Private settlements will invalidate the insurance, which will require the user to pay the entire cost.
- In the occurrence of a theft, please report it to the police and the office.
What should I do if I receive a fine ticket for parking or speeding violation?
Are there any restrictions on mileage when using a rental car?
- Yes, You can travel only 100km per day or 3000km per month (if you are renting for a month). Extra mileage will be charged based on vehicle category.
Can my pet ride in the car?
- No. Pets aren’t allowed to be taken on your rental vehicle.
What do I need to bring when picking up the car?
- Your passport.
- Your International Diving Licence.
- Your Sri Lanka Temporary Driving Licence. (If you don’t have one we can arrange one for you)
- Your Credit Card
Can I make changes to the reservation when I pick up the car?
- Yes, you can make changes to your reservation at the pickup. Things such as the rental period can be easily be changed. But your selected vehicle category & extras are subject to availability.
Can I arrange for the car to be delivered to the airport?
- Yes, you can pick up your requested vehicle from the airport.